Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Catching Up: March and April 2011

Thomas won the Pinewood Derby in our pack this year.  He got to go to the regionals.  He got Second Place in his group.  He got a cool trophy but I don't have a pic of it.



More cake.  Audrey and I made this one together for a Young Women activity at church.  I had been wanting to try hydrangeas and I am in love with this frosting flower!


Another cake.....inspired by the cake above, I made a belated birthday cake for my mom.  This time in white flowers on a beautiful blue.

Our family, along with some extended family and friends, ran/walked/hobbled in a 5k in April.
Rick

Thomas

Amy and Spenser

Audrey, Madison, and their friends...

....getting serious and doing some stretching.

The whole gang!
Emma turned 9 this year in April.  She requested a cake with her 3 favorite stuffed animals on it having a tea party.
Radar the Bear (he was mine when I was a little girl), Kika the Otter, and Sheepy the Sheep.


Emma, Spenser, Thomas


Tangled?  Oh yeah!



Some pictures from Easter....
At Papa and Nana's.

Austin

Henry

Henry...our little action figure.

Emma

Thomas
I threw a baby shower for my niece at the end of April.  Hard to believe she was having a baby because I remember when she was born!  She had an owl-theme for her nursery, so I went with that....plus the colors of green and brown.
Another cake....No fondant this time.  I just wanted to do all frosting.  Had a lot of fun doing the branches.


It was in the morning so we had a kind of brunch-y spread.

The diaper cake, made by my sister, Anna.

That's my niece, Raechel, behind the table.

Hanging around at the shower with family and friends.

Okay, I'm on a roll.  This is going faster than I remember in the past.  Hot dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment