Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Until then, I'm off for some more R&R because tomorrow is CLEANING DAY!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Saturday, June 6, 2009
One of Audrey’s Young Women leaders at church is moving away, so Audrey volunteered to make a surprise cake for her. She picked the colors, and the design. I would have liked to have her decorate the whole thing by herself, but we were a little pressed for time. So I frosted and smoothed the cake layers and did a little bit of the decorating. But she mostly did the whole thing herself. Everyone loved the cake, and Audrey was very proud of the results. I think I see cake in this kid’s future….
We ate those berries, knowing that we didn't have time to make jam then but that we would return with a couple of weeks for a jam run. Well, the one week that was dedicated to jam got sabotaged with sickness. I got a horrible cold. This was tragic because it meant the only jam week left was the last week of berries. But we went out to the fields anyway this past week. Such a change from our first visit. Little puny berries. And it took us forever just to pick the two flats pictured, and then they weren't even full.So we had to go straight from the fields to Sam's to get supplemental berries. Sam's also had some great blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries so we picked up some of each with plans to make Triple Berry Jam with Rosemary. Of course, then I had to go to Kroger to get some fresh rosemary (and also some eggs because the stinkin' snake is eating all our chicken eggs!....I HATE buying eggs!).
So above are the ingredients for the Triple Berry Jam. I ended up making 4 kinds of jam:
- Triple Berry with Rosemary (cooked--strawberry, raspberry, blueberry)
- Triple Berry with Rosemary (cooked--strawberry, blackberry, blueberry)
- Triple Berry Freezer Jam (strawberry with the leftover blackberry and blueberry)
- Regular Strawberry Freezer Jam
So we're set for jam for a while......here are some berry nice extra pictures. They have a few animals at this farm for the kids to see. Here's the peacock....always a hit!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
- we all got colds, with me getting the very worst of it and Rick in at a close 2nd.
- we went to Mocksville and the NC zoo.
- Audrey and I went to the LDSEHE homeschool conference at SVU.
- at the SVU conference Audrey performed in the talent show (video coming soon) and also performed in an opening number for the conference with a pianist and vocalist.
- we hosted the area welfare specialists for the Church this past Saturday night (after coming back in the wee hours Saturday morning from the SVU trip).
- we had a fireside at Church Sunday night.
- I had to go to the hospital for a genetics test blood draw.
- I had a dentist appointment yesterday.....A+ visit!
- Audrey had her last flute lesson until fall.
So, since I still have to put on Cub Scout uniform patches this afternoon, make dinner, and get the kids to church, please enjoy this hilarious poster:
And especially for my sister, Anna, who loves these.....enjoy this latest Emma-ism (which occured less than 15 minutes ago):
Emma walks toward me from the kitchen, where Audrey has just finished a Pineapple Upside Down Cake for tonight's YM/YW Luau, and says:
Mom, can I have the last pineapple ring? I'm hungrier than you think.