Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Poetry Projects

I am at SVU right now in Buena Vista, Virginia, with Audrey for an LDS homeschool conference.  I will be teaching a class on Friday called "Poetry in Motion".  It's about doing fun poetry projects in your homeschool.  I just thought I'd post the 3 videos I'm using near the end of my presentation, and also pictures of the scrollbox/diorama/peepshow box that Thomas made for me to show in class.

Here's Thomas' box, based on Shel Silverstein's
Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out:



Here's Audrey's slide show.  She shot most of these pictures herself, and I helped her put it together on the computer.


Here is Emma's Stop Motion Movie.  Hers was done with her own drawings, plus some cut outs from a seed catalog.





And lastly, Austin's Lego Stop Motion Movie.  The poem might be hard to hear.  It's Jack Prelutsky's I'm Building a Bridge of Bananas.






3 comments:

  1. I loved all of these! how creative and smart! How do I save these on to my computer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how to do that with youtube videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tremendous! I am inspired to try some stuff here now.

    John from Youth Core (Ohio)

    ReplyDelete